Views
Helpful
Replies

2504 Management over a separate Port

Mathias Bartz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is it possible to Manage the 2504 Controller over a separate Interface.

Exmaple:

Port 1 is used as controller management interface (untagged) - AP's are connected to the same VLAN

Port 1 is used for Guest Traffic (VLAN 3 tagged)

Port 2 should be used to manage the WLAN Controller from the internal LAN. (tested with untagged, tagged, same issue)

with this Setup it is possible to ping the Port 2 IP-Address from the internal LAN but if you try to connect to the controller,

the Browser shows "Site not reachable".

I also enabled "Management via Wireless" but without success.

I also tried to add the "management" VLAN as tagged on the management Interface with the same effect,

the controller is not manageable from the internal LAN.

On 5508 WLAN Controller i have an similar setup, but with LAG Port enabled. There this works.

The only interface were i can manage the WLAN controller is from the management Interface.

i hope someone can help me

kind regards

Mathias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you need to drop in the CLI and issue this command

config network mgmt-via-dynamic-interface

BTW -- TAG EVERYTHING on the WLC.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you need to drop in the CLI and issue this command

config network mgmt-via-dynamic-interface

BTW -- TAG EVERYTHING on the WLC.

__________________________________________________________________________________________