cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2915ABG Card and WPA

steverob
Level 1
Level 1

I have a laptop with a 2915ABG wireless card and am trying to connect to a Cisco access point using WPA-PSK. I have tried upgrading the drivers to the latest version but the laptop will never get an IP address. I have a Trend wireless router and this laptop will connect using WPA-PSK with no problem. Connecting to the Cisco access point with another wireless card using WPA-PSK works but the 2915ABG/Cisco never works.

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

rduke
Level 1
Level 1

I have had some issues with this. Mine will connect, but I have to fight with it. I found that I CAN connect when I open the Intel Proset wireless client and double click on the ssid in the available wireless networks instead of using the profile to make the connection. The profile exists, it just that it won't connect by selecting the profile. It has a tendency to try to connect to my profile that uses EAP. You may want to enter the keys again just to be sure they match. One of the recent software updates mentioned something about corruption when entering the keys via the web interface.

By the way I never had this issue with version 9.x of the Intel drivers. I noticed it after I went to 10.x. FYI, I don't broadcast any SSIDs.

RD

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card