cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Controller syslog

Wes Schochet
Level 3
Level 3

I am having some issues with certain clients associating to the wireless network.  I am attempting to get the controller to send debug info to my syslog server, but don't seem to be getting any traffic. 

I have the IP address set to my syslog server

Syslog Level is debugging

Syslog Facility is syslog  (I have to admit that I really don't know what this field does - I find it confusing)

I have two controllers set like this with about 500 clients between them.  I think I should be getting some information, but don't see anything at all!

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi Wes

What debug commands are you running on the WLC ?

To get debug output send to syslog from WLC, first you have to log onto a WLC CLI, & then issue required debug commands (like debug client ). So whatever the output you would see will send to syslog server as long as you configure syslog level debugging.

You cannot run debug commands permenantly (or without active login session to WLC CLI). Refer below post which will discuss a similar topic

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2242457

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

I didn't realize - that's a bummer.   Is there any way I can browse through recent connection events on a controller?

In GUI, you can goto  Management ->Logs -> Message logs

In CLI, Show Logging

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card