Views
Helpful
Replies

3602I-client loss connectivity

ez9
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have installed some 3602I with the vWLC v8.0.115. The problem is that some client devices loss connectivity with local lan while the signal is full on the device. Is there any known bug? What can i check? This problem occurs only with specific pda devices. With the previous AP(tp-link) the problem not exists.

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Explain more in regards to the issue end uses are complaining about. Also post your show version and show wlan <wlan id>

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello and thanks for the response,

I attach the show ver and show wlan. The problem is that sometimes while all clinets are associated with AP they lose the connectivity to local lan and the PDA cannot communicate with server. Also there is no ping to any device on this AP but i can access with ssh this AP normally. After AP reboot the connectivity restore. This is weird for me because the signal on the devices is full. Please tell me if you want more info.

Hi,

Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2)............. Enabled
      WPA (SSN IE)............................... Enabled
         TKIP Cipher............................. Enabled
         AES Cipher.............................. Disabled
      WPA2 (RSN IE).............................. Enabled
         TKIP Cipher............................. Disabled
         AES Cipher.............................. Enabled

Many vendor devices don't like when you have both WPA-TKIP and WPA2-AES configured in a WLAN. so I will say try to diable either wpa or wpa2. You must enable only one type of authenticaion.

Recommandtion: disable wpa/Tkip and try again to connect clients.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Sandeep is right here.  When you mention PDA's, if they are older devices, make sure you know what encryption they support. WPA2/AES is preferred, but older devices that don't support this, you will have to use WPA/TKIP instead.  If your talking about smartphones and tablets, most all of them these days support WPA2/AES. The only places I see devices that don't support this encryption are in hospitals with very old devices. 

-Scott

-Scott

Thank you all for the answers,

My devices which appears to have problems are symbol mc3090. So, i will try to disable WPA/TKIP or WPA2 and i will post the results.

Just info: We are using MC9090 and few of them only works with wpa-tkip.

As scott told ...all other new device will support wpa2-aes except old Barcode scanner will have problem with new encryption.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thanks for the answer,
I tried to switch to WPA+TKIP only but when i press apply i get the error "tkip as standalone cipher is not allowed for wlan". How can i override this?

That is because of the code your running on the controller. I believe v8.0 started to eliminate WPA/TKIP so if that is the encryption you need, then you might have to downgrade to v7.6.x. 

-Scott

-Scott

Per the release note on v8.0, you might be able to configure this on the CLI only

Based on guidance from the Wi-Fi alliance (WFA), WPA/TKIP can only be configured on a secondary interface (CLI). Any previously saved TKIP configurations are retained upon upgrade and can be viewed on the CLI. This allows customers with Wi-Fi clients that only support WPA/TKIP to have a planned migration to devices that support AES. For additional guidance, see the Technical Note for Removal of TKIP from Wi-Fi® Devices.

-Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card