cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3702i factory reset

sapper12b
Level 1
Level 1

The AP was paired with the wrong conroller and now I am unable to pair it with the correct controller. I have went through the process of holding in the Mode button while connecting it to power but it appears to still be looking for the other controller. How can I perform a full factory reset on this AP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Please run the below commands on the AP console:

debug capwap console cli

test capwap erase

And then check whether the AP joins to the right Controller. Ensure that the DHCP option 43 or DNS provides the correct WLC mgmt IP.

Regards,

Divya

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

You don't need factory reset to solve this. 

Go to the WLC WIRELESS Tab, find out AP. On the Availability tab, primary WLC add WLC hostname and IP address and save it. Reboot AP.

If AP come back to the same WLC check out if this WLC is not configured as Master WLC.

Unfortunetly I do not have access to the controller to do that. And the one person who does is out for a while.

Hi,

debug capwap console cli

test capwap erase

And then check whether the AP joins to the right Controller. Ensure that the DHCP option 43 or DNS provides the correct WLC mgmt IP.

Regards,

Divya

@divp wrote:

Hi,

debug capwap console cli

test capwap erase

Regards,

Divya

After power cycling the AP while holding the Mode button and running these commands the AP was able to join the correct controller.

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need WLC/AP access to point to target WLC. AP factory reset doesn't guarantee to join target WLC.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card