cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4402 Anchor and Jitter

rmerritt
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4402 used as an Anchor for a WLAN used only for videoconferencing. These devices do not connect to our domain so they cannot use the normal WLANs. The problem we have appears to be jitter. There is a vendor server that these devices connect to. When connected, the vendor says they see a lot of jitter. I put the device on one of our normal WLANs and it worked normally according to them. However, the jitter does not seem to cause anything not to work but I have my doubts that it is performing as well as could be. Does anyone know about using 4402 as an anchor for a video device? Have you had any problems you can share.  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is your video using QoS ? Is the QoS kept throughout the path ?

We do have QoS throughout our network but we do not have it past the firewalls. We have videoconferencing and VOIP internally but this is the only thing that is anchored out the way it is. The WLAN has the highest level of QoS from the controllers. However, we can do the same thing from a production network and not have this issue so it appears to specifically be the anchoring that is causing the issue.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card