cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5520 8.10.171.0 - GUI not displaying correctly

richyvrlimited
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else experienicing this issue on a 5520 with the latest gold release?

pages don't render correctly or consistently in any browser i've tried (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) some AP groups just don't display at all. sometimes frames are exposed etc sometimes not.

I have managed to get it to work by using a very very old version of Firefox portable, but this isn't a realistic fix.

I've tried multiple machines - both AD joined and not with the same result, so it isn't anything to do with device configurations.

3 Replies 3

Hi

Do you use some kind of portal like Amazon workspace or citrix ? 

Ive seen similar problem in different wlc version and model in daily bases. Never find a solution. 

no, no portal, and no firewall inbetween either, I'm literally 1 L3 hop away via our core switch.

jonathga94
Level 1
Level 1

The rendering of the page doesn't work properly with updated web browsers if you are using the default web admin certificate of the WLC, which causes some SSL issues with the web browser and that triggers the issue you are facing, cisco has documented that issue on the bug CSCvp80151, this doesn't seem to be fixed soon since the issue is on the web browser side, to work around that, you should install a certificate on the WLC for web admin that is trusted by your computer, so the web browser wouldn't complain about the SSL certificate or access the WLC via HTTP instead, so there wouldnt be any certificate exchange between the WLC and the web browser.

Also Cisco has started to include this issue on their configuration guides "We recommend that you use the controller GUI on a browser loaded with webadmin certificate (third-party certificate). We also recommend that you do not use the controller GUI on a browser loaded with self-signed certificate. Some rendering issues have been observed on Google Chrome (73.0.3675.0 or a later version) with self-signed certificates. For more information, see CSCvp80151."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-10/config-guide/b_cg810/administration_of_cisco_wlc.html#using-the-controller-interface

kind regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card