Views
Helpful
Replies

5520 - Broken SSO

jaketheape
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently broken the SSO between 2x of my 5520 wlc's. As confirmed with previous members of this forums the standby controller reboots and disables all the ports. Effectively now I have 2x stand alone controllers which is what i wanted. However, what was the standby controller, when i console in and ensure all the ports are enabled by using this command:

Config port adminmode all enable

I still find that i'm not able to access the service-port (which is set to dhcp) - it was working perfectly when it was in HA but even when enabled, it seems to get a dhcp address but cant ping. Any ideas here?

Failing access via the service-port i was looking to get in via management port. It look like fibre had been setup on this in port one of the fibre port. I tried using a copper rj45 into the management port and put this into our management vlan but again couldnt access. Any ideas what could be wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if you like to keep both controller as standalone, and the active one working as expected as standalone)

the standby one..suggest to erage the config and start over again as fresh setup (hope this is your intention ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if you like to keep both controller as standalone, and the active one working as expected as standalone)

the standby one..suggest to erage the config and start over again as fresh setup (hope this is your intention ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Agree, If the primary working as expected. Erase the config off the secondary and then reconfigure from scratch. I have never seen breaking SSO to make N+1 or 2 WLCs with the same config go well without doing this.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card