cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7925 with 1.4(4) drops wireless association

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've been trying to upgrade a couple phones to 1.4(4). Call service is CME 8.6. The phone authenticates to network (WEP), downloads config files and attempts to register to CME, at that point the wireless link is dropped, "network busy" is shown. Another phone with an older firmware version, and the same configuration works ok, but has poor roaming performance.

I cannot even go back to e.g. 1.4(3), because is "Image authentication failed" message when trying

At this point I'm left with two unuseable phones, any idea ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ensure the SSID is configured with the Platinum QoS profile.
TSPEC requests will be rejected if using Silver or Bronze.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Seems you have a CAC misconfiguration.

And it appears you are using a Cisco IOS (autonomous) AP with a possibly older IOS version.

If so and running older IOS code, then you need to ensure admit-traffic is included under the SSID config.

If not, then you will see Network Busy when the 7925 phone sends a TSPEC for UP4 to reserve bandwidth for call control traffic (SCCP).

In later versions of AP IOS code, admit-traffic is adding automatically.

Yes a couple of releases back, starting with the 1.4(2) release, there was an issue where the 792x phones were not sending TSPEC for UP4 (call control), but as of the 1.4(4) release, the 792x phones are sending TSPEC for UP4 again as they should be.

CSCua00975     792x phone is not sending TSPEC for call control (UP4)

The reason why the TSPEC for UP4 is sent even if CAC for Video is not enabled is so that it can negotiate TCLAS in order to guarantee downstream QoS for SCCP frames.

Cisco IOS (autonomous) APs support TSPEC (CAC), but they do not support TCLAS.  The Cisco WLAN Controller solution supports TSPEC & TCLAS.

See my 7925G Deployment Guide for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7925g/7_0/english/deployment/guide/7925dply.pdf

Thank you for your answer.

I should have mentioned, we are using a brand new WLC based setup. When I do "debug client " on the WLC, I do not see any relevamnt  message except the phone associating again and again as it goes thru the endless loop. I will check the CAC options anyway.

Paolo,

What happens when your voice SSID is OPEN authentication?  Can the phone authenticate?

Describe your WLC settings?  What firmware is the WLC running on?  What radio protocol is preferred on the 7925G?

Leo,

the phone can authenticate to the wireless network in all cases, no matter the security set.

What happens is that while in the process of registrating to CME, the phone drops the wireless connection. That happens after is has exchanged some data already.

This happens only with the aforementioned version and not others.

Ok, Paolo.

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ensure the SSID is configured with the Platinum QoS profile.
TSPEC requests will be rejected if using Silver or Bronze.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

That was it. And with the newer firmware, roaming across APs is simply perfect!

Yeah I figured so, you are not the first to have that config error.

BTW, even if you used 792x firmware 1.4(2) - 1.4(3)SR1 with that config and you had ACM enabled for Voice, you would get a "Network Busy" when attempting to place a call.

If ACM was disabled for Voice, then it would be fine as the 792x phone only sends TSPEC for Voice if ACM is enabled for Voice.

You may want to skim through the 7925G Deployment Guide to ensure the other knobs are tuned correctly.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7925g/7_0/english/deployment/guide/7925dply.pdf

Glad it is working "perfect" for you now!

iraira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have exactly same problem 7925 phones, firmware 1.4(4) CUCM 9.1(2). The phone authenticates to network (WEP), downloads config files and attempts to register to CME, at that point the wireless link is dropped, "network busy" is shown. Wirless network is based on Ciso WLC.

Please can you provide instructions to solve it? I guess there are replies missed.

On more think, We have activated Platinum profile and it do not work.

Thanks,

Iñaki

The phone authenticates to network (WEP)

WEP????

Read this:  Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G, 7925G-EX, and 7926G
Deployment Guide

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card