cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1x assigned Qos Profile

alvin1976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, with regards to dynamically assigning QoS to the client using 802.1x, I might have hit a bug.

I've setup a client author profile to assign QoS profile of Gold to a client account. The WLAN QoS setting is at platinum and WMM disabled. So rightfully, the CAPWAP packet from the AP to the WLC should be marked AF41 since WMM is disabled.

So when the client authenticated, the qos profile assigned was indeed gold, according to the client information in the client table. But when I perform a packet sniff on the the AP connected port, capwap data packets towards the WLC is marked as EF! I then setup the WLAN QoS profile to use silver just for testing sake. Again refering to the client information, the profile assigned to the client is still Gold. But the sniff now shows the capwap packet as AF21. So the AAA override QoS treatment is not effected to the client even though it is reflected in the client information. The WLAN assigned Profile takes precedent instead. Does this look like a bug??

Alvin

1 Reply 1

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you're hitting below bug, both are same. it is fixed in WLC - 7.5.102.0. If you still see an issue on this code then open a TAC case.

CSCuc41290    Feature : AAA override of qos parameters

CSCsd14297    AAA Override with QOS value, dot1p and DSCP doesn't have any impact

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card