cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9105AXW no PoE on LAN1

eamse
Level 1
Level 1

We are running a 5520 WLC with software version 8.10.185.0 and have a bunch of C9105AXW-Z (v02) AP's.
What I have found is that using the WLC GUI, when they are run up the first time and added to a FlexConnect group and the corresponding AP group, LAN1 does not provide PoE (except for a short period during the config download and before the AP reboots with its config.).  I can reboot the AP as many times as I like, but the Cisco phone never powers up when the AP is running.

The AP group has POE set for LAN1 and the USB module disabled.

eamse_0-1695684837604.png

If I go to the AP Details and 'Advanced' and set the LAN Override, PoE is not enabled. 

eamse_1-1695684944395.png

If I tick POE, it works as expected and the phone comes up. I can come back here and remove the LAN override and it continues to work. 
I can now reboot the AP works as expected every time.

Anyone else experienced this?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

not that i am aware of this issue ( good to know)

what information you see on the switch where they connect AP and Phones (what model of the switch ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The AP's are connected to a range of switches. 9200's, 9300's (including a couple of 9300-48U's and they are running IOS versions from 16.09.05 to 17.09.03) and I've tested on a 3650-48PS (ver 16.12.10), all with the same result. (My test phone is a 7800 series.) 

The logs on the switch don't indicate an issue. Debugging iLPower shows normal (as far as I can tell.)

eamse_0-1695778567947.png
I'm not too concerned about this as the WLC is up for replacement soon, it's just something interesting and I was wondering if others had come across this or if it was specific to our environment.  

eamse
Level 1
Level 1

Also note, just tested and this doesn't affect the 1815W series, only the 9105AXW. (they are the only two models I've tried...)

as per information you have only tested on 3650 ? have you tested on cat 9K models ?

Cat 9K AP hve different power requirement compare to old AP 1815W

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

eamse
Level 1
Level 1

When I mentioned 'tested' it was on a non-production switch (Still connected to the production network) to allow me to isolate the problem without changing the production parameters or impacting users. This problem occurs on AP's that are connected to 'a range of switches. 9200's, 9300's (including a couple of 9300-48U's and they are running IOS versions from 16.09.05 to 17.09.03)' 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card