cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9120 AX AP

workmen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem connecting mobile phones in some of our clients in the newly deployed 9120 AX AP, they were connected before in 3600 using their credentials (AD Account). They are not having problem using their laptops with their credentials connecting to AX AP only their mobile phones. I just wanted to be sure if this has something to do with the compatibility of their mobile phones or is there something I can do to tweak in the WLC to make them connect. Thank you very much in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich R
VIP
VIP

And for people to be able to help you properly you need to specify:

- What model of WLC?

- What version of software is it running?

- How is the WLAN configured? What authentication? WPA2/WPA3?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can perform client debugging on the WLC (radioactive trace in 9800-terms) , and have  that analyzed by : https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessDebugAnalyzer/  , post results here (if desired)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

And for people to be able to help you properly you need to specify:

- What model of WLC?

- What version of software is it running?

- How is the WLAN configured? What authentication? WPA2/WPA3?

workmen
Level 1
Level 1

MODEL: AIR-CTVM-K9
VERSION: 8.10.113.0
WLAN [WPA2][Auth(802.1X)]

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Step number one: upgrade to 8.10.162.0 or ask TAC for 8.10MR6 escalation image which has additional fixes as per https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html#anc4

If you still see problems after that then you need to start disabling advanced features on the WLAN till you find which is causing the problem for your clients.  You'll find many forum posts on tweaks to features which are known to cause issues with some clients.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card