cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9124AXI-ROW Access Point regulatory Domain wrongly purchased

kick534
Level 1
Level 1

Please confirm for outdoor access points ( C9124AXI-ROW Cisco consider regulatory domain to ROW this product acceptable to work in Saudi Arabia or  Shall we consider “e” regulatory domain).

Regulatory domain if different what are the disadvantages.

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Talk to the vendor and ask if they can put a stop or halt. 

If I am not mistaken, 9124 has not been shipped yet.  

NOTE:  IF the vendor cannot do anything, ask the Cisco AM/SE if they can intervene.

Hello Leo

already i speak with Cisco AM he is insisting that once the order placed and deal id get discount they cannot change the product SKU,

Now i want to understand suppose they cannot change, these APs i can use or not , it can connect to WLC  ??? or due to change in regulatory domain devices will not work.

If devices connected and working properly what will be disadvantage ???

@kick534 wrote:

If devices connected and working properly what will be disadvantage ???

1.  Some countries have very strict telecommunications regulations -- Think of fines and/or penalties.

2.  In some cases, the AP will have problems in 5.0 Ghz because some channels and/or data rates will not be enabled due to conflicting Regulatory Domain.

@kick534 wrote:

Cisco AM he is insisting that once the order placed and deal id get discount they cannot change the product SKU

Try talking (and clarifying) to the accounts team.  You are NOT asking to change the SKU but, rather, change the Regulatory Domain (before the AP leaves the factory).

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For your reference when confirming regulatory domains utilise this site in future

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html 

Couple of things as others have said I would be going back to the Cisco AM and saying change it, if they refuse just drop ok we will look at installing Mist or Aruba for our next order (nothing like the threat of a competitor to make an account manager do things they claim they can't.)

Technically you can always add the country code of an AP you have to your controller and it will work - legally your regulatory body could fine you (or what ever the penalty is in the country). That being said, the biggest issue more likely to be if the ROW domains have a less restrictive requirement than your own. 2 things that might be different: Channels and max EIRP. Channels easy to just restrict max EIRP not as easy as but could be done by RF profiles.

To me I wouldn't want to deal with this, so would demand the AP be replaced with the correct regulatory domain (I'm surprised they would even ship it to the country)

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For Saudi Arabia approved outdoor regulatory domain is -M, which is covered under ROW part number. So you should be good to go.

-E is only for indoor AP's.

Thanks for reply,

Can you please provide any documentation related to this.

Hi,

WLC allows to select regular domains as we want. but if your country has any restrictions to those out of compliance domains, you need to be careful. technically doable but compliance.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card