cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9120AXE with Antenna (And without) not letting clients connect.

diego-corona
Level 1
Level 1

Pretty much that. At first I was afraid that the issue was the wireless config, so I triple checked everything regarding WLANs and policies. The SSIDs have WPA+WPA2, everything is alright. After hitting the wall for a while, I tried connecting another AP to the network and it worked just fine. I thought that maybe it could be the radius of the AP itself, so I connected it to an antenna (2544), but the same went for those. It's like 5 AP that aren't letting me connect, I checked ony by one and only 2 of them worked without any issue.

Any idea on what is going on? Can't wrap my head around this and it is kind of critical I get it done.

4 Replies 4

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have the correct country code configured

whats the admin status of the radios on the AP?

What version of WLC are you running

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The 4 APs that are causing trouble are configured in the very same ways in which those working are. Country code is fine (MX) and the same across the devices, radios are up and running, for it's SSIDs are there to try to join. Version is 17.9.4a.
I explained it in the original post, but I want to make clear that 2 of the APs are working in the intended way. SSIDs are letting people join and move to another SSIDs properly.

>....that 2 of the APs are working in the intended way. SSIDs are letting people join and move to another SSIDs properly.
    - On the 9800 wireless controller issue the CLI  command wireless config validate
      If nothing is reported then that is OK

+ As  @Rich R suggested have a complete checkup of the 9800 controller's configuration using the CLI command
       show tech wireless and feed the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer
       Note use the full command as mentioned above ; it does not work with the output of a simple show tech

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

- Check your WLC config with Config Analyzer (link below).
- "show ap tag summ" to confirm you have the exact same tags applied to all the APs.

- Install APSP6 or upgrade to 17.12.3 (or 17.12.4 which will likely become recommended release in a few weeks)

- debug the clients directly on the AP and with radioactive trace on the WLC

- save the complete console log from one of the problem APs from power-on to a text file (.txt) and attach here for us to look at

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card