cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9130 AP for Wireless Survey

Tomm.Olson
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup some 9310AX AP for Wireless Survey and every time I boot the AP it hangs on the Smart License check.  We can't always provide a connection to the Internet for it to complete the check.  I have tried disabling the call-home service but it still hangs.  These APs are just for testing purposes and do not pass traffic.  Is there a way to stop this?

5 Replies 5

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have no experience with this AP, but in newer IOS XE releases for switches/routers, there is now a license reservation feature. Maybe that's available too for the 9130, if running the latest releases. 

Just searched for you, check this (and future) releases:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/ewc/17-3/rel-notes/ewc-rn-17-3-x.html

The feature Smart Licensing Using Policy might be what you need.

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Tomm.Olson wrote:

I am trying to setup some 9310AX AP for Wireless Survey and every time I boot the AP it hangs on the Smart License check.  We can't always provide a connection to the Internet for it to complete the check.  I have tried disabling the call-home service but it still hangs.  These APs are just for testing purposes and do not pass traffic.  Is there a way to stop this?

Hi,

I would first check that if the AP is running 9800 Embedded Wireless Controller image. If you are running EWC you don't require any DNA/Network advantage or essential licenses.

Also note that 9130 is tri radio AP and by default you will have only one 5GHz radio and the 2.4 radio enabled. So please configure the AP radios as per your requirement before the APOS.

Tomm.Olson
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to disable the Smart Call Home process and get the EWC to start up.  Currently the APs boot to the Call Home process and then stops.  It does not show SSIDs.  I can get to the console. 

Which software release do you have installed?

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If possible post a show version from the AP. Again there is no smart licensing in ewlc, also if there is cisco doesn't strictly enforce it yet. So definitely issue cannot be due to licensing. Did you try to reset or reimage the the AP?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card