cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9130AX 80+80 or 160mhz 36+

TechDude
Level 1
Level 1

So if I set channels to 80 or 160 I cant seem to break the 600-700Mbit upload/download with the 9130ax aps, yes I'm using AX enabled devices that when tested on a router from netgear I get 900+ in most cases

Also, how do I make it use 80+80 bypassing the DFS Channels?  I try to set it but it always reverts (using a 9800 series controller, behavior doesnt change based on what IOS-XE load I use).

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you really can't bypass these channels if your plan is to use 80 or 160.  You can't just try to use uni1 and uni3 but not uni2.  Remember, the devices have to support changes like that and the standards are not built to do that.  I don't see any issue with using uni2 channels, the wireless system has an algorithm to determine best channels.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Wasn’t the question? There’s an 80+80 mode that doesn’t use dfs channels.  Seems 80+80 never kicks in, always channel 36+ for the 160mhz 

for ax aps, the performance is really not different than the 4800s

Why not post a screen shot of what you are explaining.  Kind of hard to understand what the question is?  You should always mention the controller, you using a 9800 or EWC, what firmware you are running, etc.  The Cisco wireless controller, no matter if aireos or ios-xe, requires a minimum of three ap's for the algorithm that is used by RRM to work.  Channel 36 is the default channel, if you only have one ap, then you manually have to set the channel.  Look at the guide for the version you are using to explain the feature also and the requirements.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card