Views
Helpful
Replies

9800-CL on Nutanix

thenetadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does 9800-CL wireless controller will work on Nutanix? I didn't find any official supporting document.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If an underlying supported hypervisor is being used then it will work :
          Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9800-cl-wireless-controller-cloud/nb-06-cat9800-cl-cloud-wirel-data-sheet-ctp-en.html (Table 2)
>...

Hypervisors and cloud providers supported

ESXi 6.0/6.5/6.7, KVM, Hyper-V, NFVIS

AWS, GCP, Azure

AWS, GCP, Azure

AWS, GCP, Azure

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you @marce1000 

KVM qcow2 images are supported on Nutanix. Does Cisco TAC will support if there are technical issues post deployment?

With vWLC 9800-CL with 300+ APs, any specific limitations or performance considerations, I should be aware of when scaling to this size.

Any caveats with specific features?Any limitation on throughput?

>...Does Cisco TAC will support if there are technical issues post deployment?
                 -If a supported environment is being used : yes 

>...With vWLC 9800-CL with 300+ APs, any specific limitations or performance considerations, I should be aware of when scaling to this size.
  Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9800-cl-wireless-controller-cloud/nb-06-cat9800-cl-cloud-wirel-data-sheet-ctp-en.html
   - Start reading from : Cisco Catalyst 9800-CL for private cloud  to get  an idea of performance and throughput parameters

>...Any caveats with specific features?Any limitation on throughput?
              - I have no Nutanix specific info's on that , perhaps discuss with a local reseller , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Beside earlier replies I would also like to point out that the various 9800-CL images can be downloaded without a service contract ; that give you the opportunity to test a basic deployment of for instance a qcow2 image on Nutanix.   Check if you can get a deployment and or installation started without fatal hazards. It's a good check to start with , 

M.

thenetadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Is it still valid that 9800-CLs in an HA SSO need to be on the same physical host?

- They don't but there are advanced gotchas that may come up if they are not on the same physical host ; such as that the in between switches must use the same vlan tagging , for the various networks (vlans/subnets)  defined in the controllers , 

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card