cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800 WLC CLI command

abinaya.2.r
Level 1
Level 1

I have the below out put for the sh ap ethernet statistics from the 9800 WLC.

AP Name : WAP001

Interface Name Status Speed Duplex Rx Packets Tx Packets Discarded Packets
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GigabitEthernet0 UP 1000 Mbps Full 2670173 58643 0

I want to change the speed from 1000Mbps to 2500Mbps.

Can someone provide the CLI command from the Cisco 9800 WLC to change the GIG0 interface speed on the APs.

I do the speed change for the APs in Airos WLC but I am unable to get command for 9800 WLC.

6 Replies 6

Hi @abinaya.2.r 

What model is your switch and what category of UTP cabling are using?

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

The speed in gig0 interface needs to be modified for several APs and the APs are connected to mostly 9300-24UX, 9300-24U, C9300-48UXM-A, and WS-C3560CX-8XPD-S.

As far As I know, it will work automatically, just be sure you're AP and switch support MGig and you're using cable cat 6a

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

If the Access Point (AP), Switch and Ethernet cable run & patch cords supports Multi-Gig, then AP should automatically negotiate the speed with the connected switch. You don’t want to set static speed as that might cause issues

Ensure that the Ethernet run (Cat 6A) is not causing reduced speed. Perform a cable test on the switch port using the following commands: 

test cable-diagnostics tdr int Tei0/<Interface ID>
show cable-diagnostics tdr int Tei0/<Interface ID>

Also, make sure that CDP is enabled on the switch.

Jagan Chowdam

/**Pls rate useful responses**/

@jagan.chowdam wrote:
test cable-diagnostics tdr int Tei0/<Interface ID>
show cable-diagnostics tdr int Tei0/<Interface ID>

Don't bother running a TDR on Cisco switches running IOS-XE because it is completely "broken", i.  e.  The results are no longer accurate, reliable nor "trustworthy".  This has been the state since the introduction of IOS-XE version 16.1.1.  

Refer to CSCwd97177 & CSCvw97924

Additional screenshots below for emphasis: 9300, IOS-XE version 17.9.4a9300, IOS-XE version 17.9.4a (Above)  Pair "A" distance is (significantly) more than Pairs B, C and D.(Above)  Pair "A" distance is (significantly) more than Pairs B, C and D.

(Above)  Pair A & B distance is "0".(Above)  Pair A & B distance is "0".

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The AP will negotiate to mGIG if the AP itself is mGIG capable.  

What is the model of the AP?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card