Views
Helpful
Replies

9800WLC and Vocera Broadcast

k.aumell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've recently migrated 1 building worth of access points to the new 9800WLC. Everything is working swimmingly, except Vocera Broadcasts, which use multicast. I have this working fine on my old 5508s.

I've tried enabling global multicast under "multicast". I assume I am missing something simple. Does anyone have any experience here?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Did you follow this document, you need to enable Multicast globally on 9800 and it needs to have a unique multicast address assigned (should not be used anywhere else in the network). That multicast group address uses 9800 WLC and its AP. Not related to your end devices/Vocera multicast application group address.

9800 Mgm interface should configure with PIM

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/215859-video-stream-on-catalyst-9800-wireless-c.html 

Here is another training video of mine that explains the 9800 config model & where multicast configs go.

9800 Config Model - Rockstar Multicast for WLAN Pros

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Did you follow this document, you need to enable Multicast globally on 9800 and it needs to have a unique multicast address assigned (should not be used anywhere else in the network). That multicast group address uses 9800 WLC and its AP. Not related to your end devices/Vocera multicast application group address.

9800 Mgm interface should configure with PIM

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/215859-video-stream-on-catalyst-9800-wireless-c.html 

Here is another training video of mine that explains the 9800 config model & where multicast configs go.

9800 Config Model - Rockstar Multicast for WLAN Pros

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

comricmi
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a solution for this ever?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card