cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About SSIDs in cisco 9120 ax

sumtag099
Level 1
Level 1

how many SSID can this AP support at most per AP?

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you please mail it from your official cisco mail address?

@sumtag099 wrote:
Can you please mail it from your official cisco mail address?

Nope.

I do not work for Cisco.

If you want something "official", raise a TAC Case.

Jerome BERTHIER
Level 1
Level 1

Number of SSIDs supported is not really a good indicator. I don't even know if there is a difference on that between APs models.

9800 controller (and the same for EWC) supports 16 WLANs per radio but it is a bad usage. You will see bad performances.

The recommandation is to limit from one to three SSIDs depending on your needs : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/guide-c07-743627.html#ReducingthenumberofSSIDs

By using a lot of SSID, you'll loose most of the air time in beacons and control frames.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- According to other replies (too) ; try to limit the number of SSID's as much as possible (because of beacon overhead...)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

You have to consider the amount of overhead every additional SSID adds to the network which directly affects the WLAN performance. 

Here is a good tool to calculate Overhead based on number of SSIDs. SSID Overhead Calculator 

This is the reason the recommendation is always to keep your SSIDs under 3 or 4 (if you can).

Jagan Chowdam

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card