cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About the output of "show dot11 associations" command.

s.kubota
Beginner
Beginner

Hello.

I have been made to the research of IP Phone 9971 . (Used by Wireless)

The schematic diagram is shown below.

CUCM

|

L3-SW

|

AP 1142 (FW:15.2(2)JB)

|

CP-9971 (FW:9.3(2))

The results of the "show dot11 associations" command are output as follows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ap#show dot11 associations

802.11 Client Stations on Dot11Radio0:

SSID [XXXXXX]:

MAC Address   IP Address      Device          Name                      Parent       State

0026.cba3.0b9f 10.10.60.12     CP-7925       SEP0026CBA30B9F self           Assoc <-----Here!

f0b4.799f.a9a4  10.10.60.10     unknown       -                              self           Assoc

ap#

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using the IP Phone 9971 (not CP-7925).

But the output of "show dot11 associations" command, has become "CP-7925" on Device.

What Is this by Design? Will it bug or?

Thank you very much in advance.

Shigeru Kubota

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kayle Miller
Rising star
Rising star

Shigeru,

Is this an autonomous access point? If so it may simply be that the firmware doesn't know about the newer phones and that the CP-7925 is the default it uses based on the mac ID. I could be wrong but that would be the first assumption

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kayle Miller
Rising star
Rising star

Shigeru,

Is this an autonomous access point? If so it may simply be that the firmware doesn't know about the newer phones and that the CP-7925 is the default it uses based on the mac ID. I could be wrong but that would be the first assumption

Hope this helps

Hi, Kayle

Thanks a lot for replay.

I am using an autonomous access point.(AP 1142)

Device firmware is the latest version.

(AP 1142 : 15.2(2)JB  ,  CP-9971 : 9.3(2))

As with you, I'm guessing that the access point does not recognize the CP-9971 device, too.

I'll try to contact the TAC.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Shigeru Kubota

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers