cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD Authentication Failure

Tesfaye41175
Level 1
Level 1

We have embeded 9115 EWC and we have enabled AD authentication. If the AD server shuts down and doesn't power up before WLC AD, when the users tries to connect there will be an error "Authentication server unavailable" and our IOS software version is 17.3.1. IS there any way to fix this without having to restart the WLC? Or can it be because of another cause?

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this for device authentication ? may be worth configure Local authentication fall back.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

HI it is for Wireless users authentication. You mean local authentication by layer 2 802.1x authentication

Hi

If AD does not Power up before the WLC users get the message "authentication server unavailable? But, would not be it the expected behavior? If the AD still down, how can possibly the WLC authenticate any user?

Even after AD power up it doesnt authenticate. The AD has to be up first before the WLC..is that normal?

On that case, surely not. Sounds to me like a bug. I´d recommend change the version.

- In any case  proper MS-AD environment , usually has multiple AD's (recommended 3 at minimum) use or configure them all , or denote a domain as where the AD's can be automatically found (possible in some environments too, (perhaps not always))

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

the issue is not connect between EWC and AD, 
the issue is EWC mark the host as Un-auth and reject to auth again.
check the EWC user auth.
try increase dead-time.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card