Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add to disabled client WLC 5760

Hello,

I have been able to add a MAC address to the disabled client list in my WLC. I was able to do this under Configuration -> Security -> AAA -> Disabled Client. I have tested this and it does provide the desired results however, now I am trying to do the same thing via the CLI. I found a post that mentions using the following:

show exclusionlist 

In my WLC I get the error: Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have figured it out. If you want to add the MAC address to the Disabled Client list run the following commands at the CLI:

Configure Terminal

wireless exclusionlist <MAC Adrress> description <Description>

Thanks,

Scott

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Is there any related or look-alike option , when issuing show ? (scrutinize all command options being presented)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Controller do not like some space :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-4ntpxiJmY

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

This video walks you through how to manage your disabled client list (exclusion list) through the command line console of a Cisco 4400 wireless controller The web interface only shows 80 disabled clients. Removing clients from the list can be a problem if the mac address is not listed in the first

The closest thing I have found so far is:

show wireless exclusionlist

This will show my list but I still have not found a way to add to it or remove from it. In the video provided it suggests:

config exclusionlist delete MACADDRESS

The command it not available in a newer version of the OS.

I'll keep reading through the documentation and see if I can find something.

Then tell us what Code you running on the WLC, so we can suggest better.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am running 

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, 5700 Series Wireless LAN Controller Software (CT5760-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 03.06.10E RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

I believe I need to be in conf t first and then I have found wireless exclusionlist. I have not figured out the rest of the command yet but I think that is the right track.

Thanks,

Scott

I have figured it out. If you want to add the MAC address to the Disabled Client list run the following commands at the CLI:

Configure Terminal

wireless exclusionlist <MAC Adrress> description <Description>

Thanks,

Scott

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card