Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1832I-I-K9

Ziad Mohsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we got 1 Aironet 1832 and it is running Mobility Express and are capable. I did the same configuration once on the mobility express GUI and once though console CLI. Both times i got to the same failed result on both of them. I must be missing something. After the configuration is saved and the AP restarts, the is keep led keeps flashing RED color. WLAN is not showing, management IP is not Pingable nor the GUI is working (requesting time out). can anyone help.

and it is my first time using CLI.

regards

ziad

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Verify if the AP is really running mobility express : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/1/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide/getg_start.html#task_B167539A1E9D45CBA877C47EBE4D78D2

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Ziad Mohsen
Level 1
Level 1
i tried the command SHOW VERSION and gave me the following ( Incorrect usage. Use the '?' or key to list commands. )
also check attached
[cid:32699e8e-c684-4f47-898d-ccea1a214eed]

Ziad Mohsen
Level 1
Level 1

ZiadMohsen_0-1686137445740.png

Rich R
VIP
VIP

That's the correct (AireOS) prompt for ME so don't worry about that.
There's really not enough information to say what you've done wrong.

Did you carefully follow all the steps in the setup and configuration guides?
What version of software are you using?
Did you make sure you have a DHCP server which can supply IP addresses for the WLC and AP modules? (both require an IP)

If you capture the complete console log from power-on and attach here as a text file we might be able to guess what's wrong from the logs.
At this point I think factory default reset of the AP then start again using CLI would be a good option.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card