cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR AP3802I-H-K9 Access point End of Life

want to check for the end of life for Cisco Access Point - AIR AP3802I-H-K9

5 Replies 5

Thank you for the information, 

I would like to find out also the range in teams of years when the device is at optimal functionality, Something like maybe 3 or 5 years from the configuration & installation time.?

Thank you once more.

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

That no vendor is going to tell you as it depend on the evolution of the technology, but you can take as an example the lifetime of AP3802: it was announced as replacement part for AP3702 on April 2018, and that use to be one year after the new product is announced, and then AP3802 EoSW is announced for May 2024. That gives you around 6-7 year for new AP's lifetime.

For the new Catalyst 9100 series you can see 9120/9130 were announced in Jan 2020 during Cisco Live in Barcelona, and they will be in the catalalog before EoL around 2026-2027.

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Generally they wont anounce EOL until there is a replacement product.

That being said if we look at the WIFI 6 series APs, the only thing preventing a replacement product for WIFI 6E is external antennas and outdoors. Expect this to disapear later this year.

Then there is WIFI 7 coming.

I would expect sometime post the external antennas being released for WIFI6E then the WIFI6 APs will be anounced End of Sale with a long End of Support 

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Enter the serial number of an AP in : https://cway.cisco.com/sncheck/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card