Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP3502P-E-K9 recommended clients?

hello,

I would like some help or documentation where i can find or estimate the recommended number of clients for the Access Point Cisco AIR-CAP3502P-E-K9 to make the network performance acceptable for Voice/Video ?

I need this information to estimate the number of access points i will need after my first initial indoor survey.

Thanks for the help.

2 Replies 2

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

This may help:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/vowlan/41dg/vowlan41dg-book.html

You've asked a pretty complicated question unfortunately as I'm not sure what your requirements are e.g. are you looking to deploy wireless across your office to support hundreds of VoWiFi handsets?

They key things for a VoWiFi deployment are ensuring there is as little interference as possible and that the cells overlap appropriately for adequate roaming. There are plenty of other things to work on but those two are a good start.

Cheers,
Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

Hello Ric,

Thanks for your time, i really know that my question and quite complicated to answer and there are several variables to understand, even the client don't really know what he want.

The basic idea of my question is have some material to ready with more "direct" information to make my report a little bit more correct.

As i read in various posts here in the forum the "golden rule" as if this exist, would be around 20/25 clients to web/email and 5/10 for video/voice and even this is not a common opinion.

I will read the documentation that you showed me and I thank your help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card