Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP3702E-E-K9 VoIP Support

Hasan Nisar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have 3 APs (AIR-CAP3702E-E-K9) in 3 building connected with each other and i want to run VoIP services within buildings , so my question dose it support or it depends on the Switches(VoIP service support)?

Regards

12 Replies 12

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on how the WLC is configured.

Read attached PDF for more information.

Hi Leo

There is no WLC on the environment there, the APs connected as point-to-multi-point and then to switches, there is no wifi connection, so the phones must me desktop IP Phone.

please advice if there is any configuration mus be done on the APs or all depends on the switches(SG-300 28P)

Regards

You want to use WIRED phones and not WIRELESS ones, correct?
If WIRED, then it all depends on the switches. Next question is, do you want to use a dedicated VLAN for the phones (and do they support a voice vlan?) or not. Depending on that you have to make a configuration on the switches or not. If not, then just plug them in and they should work (assuming they are SIP based and the SIP server is in the same VLAN).

Hello Leo Laohoo and patoberli,

I got some information from the customer that he has a panasonic IP PBX while i thought he will install Cisco system.

So i want to know if there is no issue with installing this panasonic system with the already Cisco wireless and SG300 switch and all things will work normally or there is some configuration required in the switch and what is it please?

Regards... 

Hello Leo Laohoo and patoberli,

I got some information from the customer that he has a panasonic IP PBX while i thought he will install Cisco system.

So i want to know if there is no issue with installing this panasonic system with the already Cisco wireless and SG300 switch and all things will work normally or there is some configuration required in the switch and what is it please?

Regards... 

What is the distance between the buildings?
Do they have continuous line-of-sight?

hello Leo

yes the wireless link is already installed

@Hasan Nisar wrote:

yes the wireless link is already installed

What is the distance between the buildings? 
Do they have continuous line-of-sight?

Hi Leo,

One is far away from the main AP 600 mtr and the other 1km.

And there is a continuous line-of-site

1 Km on a wireless bridge ... with voice.
I know I wouldn't do that. If the site is very important I'd rather lay fibre.

I agree with Leo. There are other P2P bridges that would be better for this use. Of course they would be expensive. Bridgewave has full duplex gig bridges that would be better for the range you have. It really comes down to what the bridges negotiate at which will determine how much throughput you have.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card