Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-LAP1262N

gilles.donze
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to transform this acces point to an autonomous AP. Is it possible ?

Could you tell me how can i do that ?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Gilles,

You can convert it from lightweight to autonomous. Download the autonomous software from the software download center.

Get a tftp server running on your machine. I use solarwinds free tftp server. Put the software in the tftp root folder.

Put the AP on the network (same subnet as your machine w/ tftp server) and connect the console cable and get up a terminal connection. (make sure you can ping the AP from the computer and the reverse)

AP>en

AP#debug lwapp console cli or debug capwap console cli

AP#config t

AP(confg)int fa 0  

AP(confg-if)  ip addr (same subnet as that of the laptop)   (or maybe it will get a  DHCP during                                                                                                                              boot watch the output)

AP(confg-if)end

AP#archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp:///

More detailed steps can be found here.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Gilles,

You can convert it from lightweight to autonomous. Download the autonomous software from the software download center.

Get a tftp server running on your machine. I use solarwinds free tftp server. Put the software in the tftp root folder.

Put the AP on the network (same subnet as your machine w/ tftp server) and connect the console cable and get up a terminal connection. (make sure you can ping the AP from the computer and the reverse)

AP>en

AP#debug lwapp console cli or debug capwap console cli

AP#config t

AP(confg)int fa 0  

AP(confg-if)  ip addr (same subnet as that of the laptop)   (or maybe it will get a  DHCP during                                                                                                                              boot watch the output)

AP(confg-if)end

More detailed steps can be found here.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts.

thanks a lot for you answer

I can use it now with IOS it's working fine. I have one more question : why the http applet is not complete ? the web access to this AP migrated does not contains the same functionalities as AP 1250 autonomous. Can i upload an othe software ?

Kind Gilles

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card