Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-lap1310G-E-K9 short signal length

hi there,

I have a Cisco WISM2 installed on Cisco cat 6509, with 39 indoor (3502i) and 14 outdoor (1310G) Access point,

so the problem i am facing is that, the controller recognizes all AP and they are all configured and working well, then the signal

of the outdoors (1300) its broadcast in a very short length like 60 meters, and i don't understand this is likely having a problem with a controller software version or ... being at 3m, my card does not show excellent signal strength and yet with the indoor

thing are Ok.

please any idea?

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

120 feet isn't very short honestly.

What are you looking to do with the 1310?  What antenna do you have on the 1310?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi,

antennas are integrated in the access point, i wanted to use the 1310 for covering the all campus, by

putting them ouside and gatting the signal en houses around the campus, that avoids me put an AP in

avery sigle houses and for people seating out.

thank you

Best regards,

Michel Atangana N. V.

cisco CCNA - CCNP - CSE  - CXFA - CCIE R&S W

what you are doing now as job, school, prayes, love, is the only thing you have to do so do it at your best.

contacts: +242 06 892 5584 OR +242 06 812 5005 The choice is yours

How big is the campus?  Can you link an address so we can see from google maps?

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

OK

let check how to do that, but for mean time 

this is the information i get from the wireless scanner when standing at 3meters from the AP:

SSID :WIFI-STAFF

-57 dbm

Channel 1

fréquence 2412

another detail: on the controller the country was set to FRANCE

thank you

Best regards,

Michel Atangana N. V.

cisco CCNA - CCNP - CSE  - CXFA - CCIE R&S W

what you are doing now as job, school, prayes, love, is the only thing you have to do so do it at your best.

contacts: +242 06 892 5584 OR +242 06 812 5005 The choice is yours

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card