Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-OEAP602I-E-K9 office extend

philoutch
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

My company provided me an AIR-OEAP602I-E-K9 office extend, when I connect it to a ADSL router (friend of mine), ALL is good, I see my company Wireless network at home and I can connect.
    When I plug it on my TP-LINK MR200 4G LTE router at home, it does not work, I can't see my company Wireless network at home.

Just not sure what the problem is ??? Any help would be great.

Is the AIR-OEAP602I-E-K9 compatible with 4G LTE router ?
   Is there anything I need to change on the MR200 or the office extend box to get it working ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards,
4 Replies 4

Hi @philoutch

Considering your description, I don´t believe you need to change anything on the OEAP602I and I don´t believe it is an compatibility problem. What OEAP602I ask is access to the internet, so, any device able to provide this should be ok.

What I recommend you to take a look is on the firewall configuration of TP-LINK MR200. Initially, it shouldn´t block anything but make sure  5246 and 5247 ports is not being blocked.

The second thing you should see is your Service Provider. Too often they block traffic. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Port where you plugged OEAP602, check connecting a laptop & see if that gets an IP address ? Then try to ping your controller IP address (if you know it & your company allow ICMP to check its reachability)

HTH

Rasika

It's possible that your company needs to lower the MTU for your AP, 4G connections tend to have a larger IPv4 header.You are probably also behind a proxy, some mobile operators prefer this. Ask your 4G operator for a "pure" connection, might cost extra.

David Ritter
Level 4
Level 4

Plug your laptop into port 1 and you should have normal network access..  Yahoo, Google, MSN etc.  If not, you can browse to the 602's default IP and observe that it did or did/not receive an IP from your TPL.  Presuming it has received an IP you can check that the 602 is not trying to attach to Controller 0.0.0.0.  That is what will happen whenever one pushes the reset button..

On rare occasions, the provided IP is in the same range that the 602 provides..  10.0.0.x  and usually misbehaves.  Then you need to reset the 602's local IP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card