cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1100 - clients don't get IP Addresses

johnweldin
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Aironet 1100 setup on a network that has DHCP. I assigned a static address to the aironet and setup security. I can connect a wireless device to the aironet; however, I cannot get an ip address from my network. Do I have to create my own DHCP server on the Aironet that will serve only the wireless devices? If so, do I do that through a console port? Because I cannot see where I set ip addresses for clients through the web interface. Thanks. John

3 Replies 3

n.manlangit
Level 1
Level 1

is there any security impose on your ap, like wep key, local radius, radius redirection? if so, check the configuration. it probably isn't setup properly. if no security conf, then, try to connect to the wired lan and to see if dhcp is really working.

Yes, security is setup. But you are saying that if it is not setup properly, then the DHCP won't work, even though it shows that it connects to an AP? I'll disable the WEP security Monday and see if that clears the problem.

yes, for the basic, remove the wep keys on the ap and on the client. check if you can get an IP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card