cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 Image Upgrades

bm_5789
Level 1
Level 1

I'm planning to upgrade my Aironet 1200 access points with the IOS software and 802.11a/b/g cards. I went thru the conversion tool docs and find that the conversion will upgrade my AP's to 12.2(11)JA3.

The documentation for upgrading the cards indicates that IOS version 12.2(13)JA or later is required.

With this information in mind, it sounds like I have to run the conversion utility which installs 12.2(11)JA3. Turn around and upgrade the image to 12.2(13)JA or later. Then install the new .11a/b/g cards.

I hope there is a better way to do this. Is there any way to avoid the second image install?

5 Replies 5

will.shaw
Level 1
Level 1

If your using the conversion tool to upgrade from the non-IOS based os, then as far as I know, it will only upgrade to 12.2(11)JA3. So In order for this to fall in line with your Card upgrades, you would have to then upgrade again to 12.2(13)JA or above.

I don't think there is a way around this.

gamccall
Level 4
Level 4

There's a newer version of the conversion tool; mine installs 12.2(13)JA1.

I downloaded AP1200-Cisco-IOS-Upgrade-Image-v3, dated 22-APR-2004 and Aironet-AP-Cisco-IOS-Conversion-Tool-v2.1, dated 06-JUL-2004. I can't seem to locate any newer versions.

My apologies; I skipped past the part where you said it was 1200's. AP350-Cisco-IOS-Upgrade-Image-v2.img is for 12.2.13JA1 but that doesn't help you any.

Once you've upgraded the AP's, it's not difficult to upgrade to the latest IOS release. I think that there is an option on the IOS web interface to automatically upgrade the software without having to use the CLI. should make it a bit easier.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card