Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200

Hi

I bought a used Air-lapp1242  Ap and since didn't know the password  i tried to reset the password .

as soon as i enter the default password for privilege  mode  using enable command everything seems fine but in privilege mode there is no config mode when i try to type config terminal  it says there is not such a command and i use ? mark to see  make sure config terminal is there but there is not .

what is wrong with that ? should i change ios ?

all i want is to config an static ip address on ethernet port .

Thanks in advance 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The access point was probably converted to lightweight mode. If you cosole into the ap and look at the output, if you see the image with a k9w8, that is lightweight image. If your see the image with a k9w7, that is autonomous and what you want. Without a valid support contract, you will not be able to download the image to covert that access point.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

The access point is not autonomous. Look at the model: AIR-LAP means lightweight. Autonomous would have AIR-AP or AIR-SAP

Also the image for lightweight is K9W8 and autonomous is K9W7.

You need to covert this ap to standalone but you need to have a support contract to download the autonomous image. If you can download the image, then seach on Google for: Cisco lightweight to autonomous and you will find a bunch of links how to do it along with videos.

-Scott

-Scott

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The access point was probably converted to lightweight mode. If you cosole into the ap and look at the output, if you see the image with a k9w8, that is lightweight image. If your see the image with a k9w7, that is autonomous and what you want. Without a valid support contract, you will not be able to download the image to covert that access point.

-Scott

-Scott

Hi

Thanks Scott please check the attachment and tell me what should i do next .

Thanks in advance.

The access point is not autonomous. Look at the model: AIR-LAP means lightweight. Autonomous would have AIR-AP or AIR-SAP

Also the image for lightweight is K9W8 and autonomous is K9W7.

You need to covert this ap to standalone but you need to have a support contract to download the autonomous image. If you can download the image, then seach on Google for: Cisco lightweight to autonomous and you will find a bunch of links how to do it along with videos.

-Scott

-Scott

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1200-series/9215-pwrec-2.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_password_recovery09186a00800949d0.shtml

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can identify or assign an IP address using the access point's console port and a terminal emulator for all operating systems. However, if your computer's operating system is Windows CE, Linux, or Mac OS, you must use the access point's command-line console.

To access the command-line console, connect a DB-9 to RJ-45 serial cable (Cisco part number AIR-CONCAB-1200) from your PC to the RS-232 console port on the access point. Then open a terminal emulator to view the express setup screen and identify the IP address. Use these port settings for the terminal session: 9600 baud, no parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, and no flow control.

Caution Both the Ethernet and console ports use RJ-45 connectors. Be careful when connecting the console cable to avoid connecting to the Ethernet port.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card