cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1230 can not join controller

Chieu Dinh
Level 1
Level 1

my access point 1230 fail to join the controller. The image is C1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JA2. I tried to reboot it but it does not join to controller.

How do I initiate the discovery process again to make this AP to join? Should I convert it back to autonomous AP and then LWAPP process again? I can ping the AP from the controller and the AP is in the same VLAN with controller.  Thanks

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

how did you convert this AP?  It will probably have an SSC, so you should use the Upgrade Tool.  The tool will tell the AP to generate the SSC, and will even add it to your WLC if you put the information into it.

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I didn't convert this AP. Someone did it in the past. The AP was online before until it rebooted and lost the join.

How do I upgrade it or start the join process? I can't use the upgrade tool because the controller is not allow to have telnet enable. Should I tftp the LWAPP image to AP then reboot it?

should I clear LWAPP private-config then reboot. Does it goes back to CAPWAP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card