Views
Helpful
Replies

aironet 1240 - less range

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends

we are having 2 aironet 1240 but i am very surprised with the range in these devices .it very back. am i doint any mistake. i configured it for batter range. but still within 20 mins i get signal strenght "good" only. and right now the device is in coridor which is 15 mtrs and i am not getting any signal please help

antena . 2.4 Ghz

5 Replies 5

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just curious to know.. do we hav the antennas connected?? if so.. check out the below link and see if we are using the correct Antennas..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/product_data_sheet09186a008022b11b.html

Set the Data rate to "Default" and see if that improves..

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

again... check if both the APs are broadcasting the SSID.. coz, some times if only one SSID broadcasta nd other is hidden then you always try connecting to the farther AP and may get low signal as well..

Also, make sure you do not have any metal plates or any RF killing things around the AP..

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i configured it for batter range.

How did you manage to do this?

What distance are you planning to cover?

Are there any obstacles inside the area you are trying to cover with this AP?

What antenna(s) are currently attached to the AP?

How high is the placement of the AP (from the ground)?

Dear sir

answers to your questions are below please check..

I am not able to not any answers below!!

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card