cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1260

jchangela
Level 1
Level 1

When I looked at the Quick Guide document on the 1260, it showed that 2.4 Ghz external antenna connects to 1, 2 & 3 connectors and

5 Ghz external antenna connects to 4, 5, & 6 connectors.

So, does that mean the you cannot connect (qty 2) 5 Ghz antenna's on both sidess ? and has anyone tried using 2 of the same Ghz antenna's on the same 1260 AP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1260/quick/guide/ap1260getstart.html#wp51225

thanks

Jitu

2 Replies 2

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jitu,

The document you have referenced is correct.  The 1, 2, & 3 slots are strictly for the 2.4ghz 802.11b/g frequency and require a 2.4Ghz antenna.  The 4, 5, & 6 are strictly 5 Ghz.  It is not recommended to connect a 5 Ghz antenna into the 2.4 Ghz slots and vice versa. 

Erwin

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
So, does that mean the you cannot connect (qty 2) 5 Ghz antenna's on both sidess ? and has anyone tried using 2 of the same Ghz antenna's on the same 1260 AP

Why would you want to purposely connect 5 Ghz antennas into the 2 Ghz radios???? 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card