cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1600 series - speed issue - clients negotiating speed at 54 mbits

ddemchak1
Level 1
Level 1

These APs support dual band wireless N. However no option through the GUI seems to enable this functionality 

as all of the clients negotiate a speed of 54 mbit. There seems to be no other options for speed except for 54mbit and lower.

It would seem the same in the CLI as help on the speed commands show a max of 54 mbit. N starts at 150mbit. Something is not right. 

Is there an option to use N and only N for this AP?

I am guessing the speed line in config may need to be set to something different, but I am unsure of what to set it to. 

Attached is a config. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even if it is only a pointer to proper documentation. 

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

802.11n standards only work for SSID's that are open or using AES. WEP and TKIP is not supported and that is why you are only seeing 54mbps max. See this link for WPA2/AES configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/116599-config-wpa-psk-00.html

Hope this helps

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have disabled encryption so that it is open, and I still have the same issue. Also I enabled WMM and set a country code and this still did not resolve the speed rate issue.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card