Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1800S sensor(legacy software) with current (2.x) DNAC release

gabori
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an 1800s running legacy software version. When I try to claim it with a 2.x DNA Center I receive an error, stating the CiscoSensorProvisioning SSID is not supported with the current sw version of the sensor. This is expected, as the DNAC documentatoin says: 

Note

For the Cisco Aironet 1800s Active Sensor earlier than Software Release 1.3.1.2, make sure that you do not choose the sensor device profile CiscoProvisioningSSID. Instead, choose your own SSID for backhaul purposes.

But how can I do that? If I try to "Create Sensor Backhaul SSID Assignment", then in the SSID drop down the only possibility is "CiscoSensorProvisioning". Funny enough, the SSID is irrelevant in our case as we want to use the wired backhaul, but it is mandatory to have an SSID set in the Backhaul Settings profile. (which can only be the CiscoSensorProvisioning SSID, which is not supported by the legacy sensor SW version, and without successfuly claiming the device I cannot even upgrade its sw.)

any idea how to solve this?

4 Replies 4

pieterh
VIP
VIP

I'll make clear I have no actual experience on this matter, but...

I suggest you must not use "Create Sensor Backhaul SSID Assignment"!
you first create a "normal" SSID
then create a sensor device profile with this  new SSID assigned

Hi Pieterh,

thank you for your response! Is there any other kind of sensor profile than the Backhaul profile? If yes, in which menu can I create that?

backhaul_profile.png

 ( I have already tried to create a backhaul profile with a normal SSID, but DNAC GUI doesn't allow to select any other SSID on the backhaul profile creation screen than "CiscoSensorProvisioning")

pieterh
VIP
VIP

As mentioned before we do not have sensors, so 
but when i go in our DNA menu to 
-  Assurance - Manage - Sensors -> settings

and select "add backhaul"   then in the "wireless backhaul" drop-down box I see the list of all SSID's known to our  DNA server

That is very useful, means that normal SSIDs should show up there. So now I only need to figure out why our normal SSID is not listed.

We are not managing any WLC with this DNAC yet, so I tried to create a "dummy" SSID, and attached it to a "dummy-profile":

ivanszkygabor_0-1665566394973.png

Then attached "dummy-profile" to site "Global".

ivanszkygabor_1-1665566442913.png

This is how the SSID looks like in the profile:

ivanszkygabor_2-1665566609284.png

Can you think of any other settings I might need to perform to have a normal SSID configured in DNAC?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card