Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 600 OEAP

smart5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

may i ask if the AP is able to configure 2 public ip address of the DMZ-WLCs?

like ip 1.1.1.1 in my US data center, whereas a second ip 2.2.2.2 in my EU data center?

5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes when the ap is connected to the wlc select it and configure high availability and put both wlc (primary and secondary)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply. what you mentioned is after the AP connected to the WLC (the public IP configure on the AP during the initial setup).

what i wish to achieve is something before that, that is to say if the AP fails to connect to the 1st public IP of WLC in US Data Center, it will attempt the 2nd public IP of WLC in EU Data Center.

When you configure the AP manually there is only 1 WAN IP address for the controller. So I dont think you can until it joins the controller.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

I see. ok thanks. that means i can only make it points to one of the WLC in either US or EU datacenter.

if lets say i point it to US datacenter.. and i have a pair of WLC in the DMZ, since i can only point to one of it, is it redundant to have a pair in the DMZ?

After the ap joins the first controller. Click on the ap and go to high availability and add up to 3 controllers.

Just like you would with a normal ap.

Make sense ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card