Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet Not conecting to Internet

I have a simple scnerio

PC --- AP --- Modem

When I ping from PC to AP i can do it easily , but when I ping from PC to Modem or internet it says Destination host unreachable

PC IP  10.2.2.222

AP ip   10.2.2.241

Modem IP  10.2.2.1 ( Routed Mode Connecting to Internet )

Attached is config . Is there any problem with my config , I also configured it with GUI ( web ) . It looks simple and easy but things are not working .

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

oops sorry!! guess i over read.. ok! the config looks good, however the since we are using just one SSID, no need to configure sub interfaces.. still it should work.. please remove the sub interfaces and see if that helps..

from the ap r v able to ping 10.2.2.1 or the DG??

regards

surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ping 4.2.2.2 from the AP and see if you get any reply.. also try pinging 4.2.2.2 from the Modem and see if we are able to ping and get the replies succefully..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I tried ping 10.2.2.1 ( default gateway for AP ) and no reply . I tried ping 4.2.2.2 , no reply . All Line protocols are UP . modem is working fine , it has 4mb internet connection

Its Simple.. if the Modem cannot go out to the internet, then the devices behind the same cannot go out!! check with the Modem vendor and ask him to NAT the interface to  the routable public IP, this may help!!

Lemme know if this helps!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I think this confused you . I was saying that modem is working fine , i can access internet and everything but when I put Access Point and then ping internet or the modem from the Access point there is no reply . I have also tried changing cables ( ethernet ) and also the line protocol is up of Fastethernet0 .

Is there any problem with the Config. ?

oops sorry!! guess i over read.. ok! the config looks good, however the since we are using just one SSID, no need to configure sub interfaces.. still it should work.. please remove the sub interfaces and see if that helps..

from the ap r v able to ping 10.2.2.1 or the DG??

regards

surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

i cant ping 10.2.2.1/ Default gateway from AP . I will remove the sub interfaces tomorrow in office . Also is there a possiblity that the AP is not working propoerly when it comes to hardware ??

EDITED

I removed the sub interfaces of radio and still no progress . At the moment I am using POE adapter to power up the device . Maybe its a problem with the POE device , now I will check it using power adater and ethernet cable individually

Update:

I was using POE adapter to power up that AP . I removed that and used a 3560G POE Switch to power the AP and connected through it . Things started working .

Moral of the story - It was a problem with that POE adapter .

Thats great to hear!! thanks for sharing the ifo!! U rock...

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card