Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow certain ip to access to log in page of WLC

tinhnho123
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have a cisco WLC 4402, i have a problem with people trying to log into wlc 4402 GUI console with wrong pass. Are there any ways that I can allow certain  IP to go to or see the log in page of WLC? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello.

That is not possible from WLC side on up to 7.0 version (not sure if that is changed in later 7.x versions).

What you can do is to create an access list somewhere in your wired infrastructure to restrict access to the WLCs IP address.

HTH

Amjad

p.s: even if the feature you mentioned is available, you'll be getting logs anyway that users are trying to access WLC from un-authorized IP.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hi Amjad,

I currently have core switch --> switch A ---> WLC 4402, as your suggestion in switch A, I should have an ACL which would allow only my ip to access the WLC management (https/port 443)? What are about other APs? will this ACL blocks all the APs?

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

You can also implement a CPU ACL to control access to the management interface.
Just be carful you write the ACL correctly or you could lock yourself out of the WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I'm little confused here, this is my PC ip 10.10.255.15, if that's possible can you please give an example of a CPU ACL in this case?  Thanks.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807810d1.shtml#cpuacl

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card