Views
Helpful
Replies

Anchor Controller Redundancy- Primary and secondary configuration

raymond wang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I configure the WLC 5508 in 2 locations as primary and secondary anchor for other wlc? I want the wlc to use one anchor as primary for the traffic. The traffic will go to secondary anchor if the primary fail.

I checked 7.4 code and can not find the way to configure it..

thanks

Ray                  

7 Replies 7

raymond wang
Level 1
Level 1

this is what I got from 7.3 document which frustrated me. I am planning to deploy 2 anchor in 2 data center. I was wondering if 7.4 supports the primary/secondary deployment..

A given foreign controller load balances wireless client connections across the list of anchor controllers configured for the guest WLAN. There is currently no method to designate one anchor as primary with one or more secondary anchors.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob73dg/ch10GuAc.html#wp999714

I've been asking for this feature for a long time now .. Still not supported

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

thanks to reply me. I think the only solution for me is to create the mobility group first and do the failover manually if one anchor fail.

Exactly .. I have one customer who has the second controllers interface shut ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Has anyone heard an update on the feature request for prioritization of Anchor WLC's?

I would need to check the features in 8.0, but I think its still unchanged .. Anyone else want to comment ?

I think it is unchanged. If it is, recent WLC 8.0 Delta Webinars should highlighted it.

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card