cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anchor mobility not working

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I have a new 3504 WLC that I am using as my anchor controller with a 5520 as my foreign controller.  The 5520 is using version 8.2 and the anchor controller is using version 8.10.  The data path is coming up but the control path is not.  I can eping the anchor but I cannot mping the anchor.

I believe I have the FW configured correctly

I can't find a matrix that says if the version are or not compatible so I am not sure if that is the problem or not.

Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

The matrix below doesn't seem to list 8.10

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/new-mobility-matrix.html#pgfId-625301

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

@marce1000 

Shouldn't he be able to use classic mobility instead of new-mobility? The document there states that "new-mobility" support was ended in 8.5, but I think classic one should continue to work. 

New mobility was for converge access if I recall. This is the matrix I use, but it still seems that since the product is new, just downgrade and test.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-201251
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Just to add, since it’s new, why not just downgrade to match the firmware you are running on the 5520’s. That seems to be best way to see if your FW is configured correctly because you just eliminated the variables of firmware compatibility.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card