Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1042N

wtechplus
Level 1
Level 1

Bonjour,

Je souhaite ajouter le point d'acces AP 1042N  , à mon controleur Wifi 2504.

Mais impossible de realiser cela , non plus c'est pas possible de passer le AP en mode léger ..

Merci pour votre aide

soufiane

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ok, google translate did a horrible job.

But I'm assuming you are looking at adding a 1042 to your WLC, but it is running an IOS image?  Is thta correct?

If it is, you can download the rcvk9w8 image for the 1142 and convert the AP with that image.

as the 1042 will have a MIC, you can just do a standard AP image upgrade to load it.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Good evening,

Sorry for my English, it's just a translation with Google

First thank you for your response:

I found this firmware:

WIRELESS LAN LWAPP

C1140-k9w8-tar.124-23c.JA4.tar

I do not know if this is what you need to add the AP controller ..

By cons, if I converted the ap mode light, how I intergre the controller at ap ...

thank you for your response:

no worries.

yes, that image is what you would load to the AP for it to be able to join the WLC.  Then you can either put the AP in the same subnet as the WLC, use option 43 to point to the management interface, or DNS of cisco-capwap-controller.< your domain> that resolves the WLC management interface.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thank you for your reply.

I'll test it tomorrow

it's mandatory option 43, to add AP?

For option 43, I find not how to add the IP address .. it is in ASCII or binary

is it possible to contact you if I encounter a problem.

thank you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808714fe.shtml

Refer to that document for step by step as to how to do the Option 43. It depends on what you are using for DHCP server.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card