Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1250 dont connect ethernet!!

joao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a problem wich my ap 1250. I did the basic config by CLI but when i plug it on the switch, the switch port change to up but 5 seconds after the port change to down. In the midle of the switch and the AP i use the AIR-PWRINJ4.

I only config the int bvi 1 ip, and set the default gateway.

I dont know why the ap dont connect the ethernet!

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

bbxie
Level 3
Level 3

Typically what you met is related to power configurations on AP and switch, follow this doc to do the troubleshooting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1250/installation/guide/125h_c3.html#wp1077905

OK,

but how i configure?

I made a test configuring wich that command

"power inline negotiation injector H.H.H" and don't work!

without more information, it is difficult to say what's wrong, that's why I suggest you to do the troubleshooting according to the TS Guide step by step.

Basicly the TS could be summarized as following steps:

1. Check your cable connection:

*ethernet cable is connected to AP's ethernet port not console port

*AP is connected to Power Injector's AP port, Switch is connected to Power Injector's switch port.

2. Check AP's LED and Power Injector's LED(table 3-1 and 3-2 of the TS guide show the different result)

3. Check switch's port configuration(CDP, duplex, etc)

4. Check power configuration(refer to table 3-3~6, figure 3-3)

5. Check error logs( connect to AP's console port to see if there's any error/warning mesg)

when the AP IOS boot i receive this message "CDP_PD-4-POWER_OK: Full power - INJECTOR_DETECTED inline power source" the bv1 interface change to up and than change to down.

AP led status is green and the others are off.

The CDP protocol is enable.

I think the problem is betwen the power injector and the switch C2960G.

Any idea??

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card