Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 2602 and AP 2702 minumum PoE power

hi folks,

what is minimum PoE rate for AP2602/2702 operation in minimal working state? to be capable to boot and so on. for example what will be with 7.4 watt of power? I found only a little bit of information for 15.4 and 30 watt.

5 Replies 5

am I understand correctly it can't operate at power less than 15.4 Watt even at reduced signal strength and so on?

and in case of power injector with 30 Watt of power do I receive full functionality? I inclined to think "yes" but your table is confusing me.

Yes, min it require 15.4 to operate the AP

HTH

Rasika

and in case of power injector with 30 Watt of power do I receive full functionality? I inclined to think "yes" but your table is confusing me.

Take a look at the data sheet for specific access points. For example, the 2702 has this info when it comes to power. 

Powering options
● 802.3at PoE+
● Enhanced PoE
● Cisco AP2700 power injectors (AIR-PWRINJ4=)
● Cisco AP2700 local power supply (AIR-PWR-B=)
Note: If 802.3af PoE is the source of power, the access point will dynamically shift from 3x4 to 3x3 and come up under PoE.

Sonit will depend on how many receive antennas are used. 

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card