Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Interference

I'm seeing high percentages of Interference on my WLC dashboard. Is this indirectly will affect slowness access. 

4 Replies 4

yes its affecting to quality of wifi and eventually affects to speed also. try using 5Ghz which have higher bandwidth and less pollution than 2.4ghz

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Since 2.4GHz only got 3 channels (1,6 & 11) all your 2.4GHz APs has to be one of that channel. So seeing high co-channel interference in 2.4GHz is normal

This issue is more prevalent if you are in the middle of city where your office AP can hear many other 3rd party organizations' APs (which also be in 1,6 or 11 in the 2.4GHz band) 

If your clients are connecting at a 2.4GHz frequency, you will not get any higher performance in this kind of environment. Check your clients on this WLC and see any significant number of clients connecting 2.4GHz.

If your clients are dual-band (both 2.4GHz & 5GHz), then you can set your SSID to use only 5GHz (that will affect 2.4GHz only clients as they cannot see the SSID)

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Yes most of our laptop client is using 5ghz of connection. But I still need to justify the slowness issues. 
I'm seeing from the WLC , 523 entry of unclassified Rogue AP. What should I do with it ? Any advise. 

Hi

Screenshot_20220613-024846_Chrome.jpg

 change the view to 5.0ghz, then, this graph will show much lower interference 

About slowness issue, first you need to make sure that this is actually an interference problem. Wi-Fi is meant to face interference as it use free RF spectrum and everyone can use it anywhere. 

But, it is also able to work despite all this interference 

You need to check information like channel utilization on AP and SNR on client. 

Chbannel utilization above 50% in 5.0 GHz is not good. 

Also, SNR below 25 on client is not good. 

But, as I said, also check you network beyond Wi-Fi.  Take a look on links. Verify is only one application is bad performing or all of them. 

Make sure you have a fair number of users per AP. 

Mostly important, check machines. Security application can turn down performance, bad drivers can also impact. High CPU utilization, etc. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card