cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP is loosing IP details on interface wired0 after reboot

tinkughosh16
Level 1
Level 1

After reboot AP is loosing IP configuration but it has all the other configuration details. AP is not faulty because it's happening with 5 AP'S

19 Replies 19

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Are these autonomous or controller-based ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

This is controller based.

- What is the controller-model + software version ? What is  the ap-model ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

WLC MODEL -- 5520

image -- 8.10.130.0

AP MODEL - AIR-AP1832I-D-K9

image -- 8.10.130.0

Please me as soon as possible

- Are the access points successfully registering with the controller and do they get (associated) clients ?

M.

Yes. after resetting the AP when I'm configuring it... it's working fine and also able to cater internet to the clients which are connected with it...

but after rebooting it, it's loosing IP only but rest configuration in the AP remaine same link WLC details, hostname etc.

Are you saying that you setup a static address on the ap from the WLC GUI (from the ap doesn’t work), and after a reload, the AP gets a dhcp and a different IP address from what you defined on the GUI?  Keep in mind that any changes you make from the ap cli, will not be persistent after a reboot. Also, it’s better to use dhcp Mac reservations is you want specific AP’s to have a specific address. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I setup static IP and WLC IP from AP CLI. then it's appearing in the WLC after that from WLC i setup all other configuration like hostname, flex connect mode etc...

but not changing AP IP from WLC GUI.

at this stage everything is working fine.

but after reload AP is loosing IP details.

Don’t use the cli!  Use the controller GUI to change the IP address. Changes done on the cli are not persistent. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dear Scott,

I tried this steps..

connected AP with console and put this command in AP's CLI "capwap ap ip 10.0.1.161 255.255.255.128 10.0.1.129 10.0.0.11 

then configured primary base ip after this ap joined WLC and then I changed AP's IP from WLC gui to 10.0.1.157 then apply changes.. after this i rebooted the AP but after reboot the AP lost the IP configuration and showed network not reachable

nadeem.khoury
Level 1
Level 1

i have same problem on my AP1832 with 8.10.151.0 Firmware release.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

There seem to be 2 similar bugs open for static IP loss at the moment.  Second one is hidden for some odd reason but if you search "capwap ap static ip lost" in bug search tool you see partial view of it in the results.  

I expect they'll probably duplicate the second one to the first one at some point.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwb24683

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvz98899

The workaround will be to use DHCP with static IP assignments.

JesusReyes
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem, my APs 3800 and4800 loss the IP static after the reboot when i did an upgrade in WLC 5520before version 8.10.105 .--->new version 8.10.171

H&M
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem with a 9120AXI 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card