cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP joined in ME controller want to register with 9800 WLC controller

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

Our client have 20 APs joined in mobility express controller AP.  now they bought c9800 Wireless controller. and they want those 20 APs to join and register with this controller. when we put them in wireless controller vlan. its still joining with mobility express controller. how to transfer to c9800 WLC

AP model is  C9115AXI-E

can the below commands meet our requirement:

capwap ap primary-base <WLC-sys-name> <IP-address>

capwap ap erase all

which command i have to use?

i want to try AP joining one by one

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@jaheshkhan wrote:

capwap ap primary-base <WLC-sys-name> <IP-address>

Use this command on the AP.

Hi

The first command should be enough. Worst case, reload the AP after entering the command.

The command "capwap ap erase all" would be as last resort.

actually, I need to move cable from AP to another? so in this case do i need to save configuration in AP?

Prince.O
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

The easiest method to move from EWC to a 9800 controller will be to use the migrate to Wireless controller option. You can find this in the GUI via Configuration > Access points > Scroll all the way down and you will see the option . There you can specify the controller info like host name and IP address and all the APs will automatically join the controller.

This should be easier than going to each AP and specifying the command

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Best to move the APs to a new VLAN  (which cannot reach the EWC) because if they're on the same subnet as the EWC they will always join the EWC first.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card