Views
Helpful
Replies

AP not joining 9800WLC

someone_003
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I m really struggling to get 9164 access points to join a 9800 controller.

I get this error on the console of the Access point dtls_log_replay: dtls_log_replay: DTLS Replay Attack detected for Source.

I don't know if this is the reason for the APs not to join, but I have set an ntp for the controller and the APs as per some previous posts.

Any help would be appreciated 

16 Replies 16

>....Show cdp neighbors output:
       -   Also include one output from show cdp neighbors detail    (tx)
           And as @Leo Laohoo mentioned , post the entire bootup process. from one of these APs

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

The AP does not require NTP.  It gets the current time from the WLC over CAPWAP when it joins.  AP NTP is only required for location services, not joining.  The AP gets the NTP configuration (if required) from the WLC after joining.

We definitely need to see those complete AP logs. (attach in a text file rather than pasting thousands of lines into your reply)

Have you done a factory default reset on the AP in case it has a previous DE config on the AP?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card